MARKET DATA & PHILANTHROPY          |          TESTIMONIALS


Thursday, August 19, 2010

100 Club of Arizona Features Linda Mras in Newsletter





Supporter Spotlight for The 100 Club
with Linda Mras of
The Williams Real Estate Company





1. How did you first get involved with the 100 Club?

I was first introduced to the 100 Club when my son was training to become a Police Officer. A volunteer spoke on his last day of training at the Police Academy after we had viewed the facility. I remember being ecstatic and proud that my son had decided to become an officer that day and also elated to see how excited he was, however I wasn’t prepared for a presentation by the 100 Club.

As the presenter spoke and I watched the film my happiness was succumbed. As tears rolled down my face, reality set in and I realized the serious commitment that my son had made. He or any of his fellow officers could have their lives taken away in an instant or be injured… then what? Who would help them? Who would help their families?

At the end of the presentation membership forms were passed out for anyone who might be interested in joining the 100 Club. … I knew that our family had to sign up immediately.

2. What has surprised you the most about working with the 100 Club?

The dedication of the staff, volunteers and supporters. I am amazed at how quick they act when the need arises. Also, all of the creative events that they do to raise funds and how thankful they are to the volunteers and contributors.

3. What was the last 100 Club event you volunteered for? And how did that make you feel?

I volunteered for the Gambo and Ash Holiday Hero’s Event that was hosted by KTAR. That day the 100 Club Staff and the volunteers had there adrenaline pumped up which was so exhilarating to me. It felt good to hear the phones ring non-stop in support of our Public Safety Workers. I was so happy to be a part of it.

4. What do you wish other people knew about the 100 Club?

I wished that they knew the 100 Club is a financial first responder for our fallen or injured public safety officers.



5. How else do you support the 100 Club and why?

After becoming a member and then a volunteer I knew that if my son or his fellow officers ever needed assistance that the 100 Club would be there for them. Helping to support the 100 Club through my Real Estate endeavors is my way of giving back.


My real estate broker (The Williams Real Estate Company) works with us to donate a portion of proceeds for every transaction that is referred by the 100 Club – a win-win to increase funding for the club and the families it serves.

6. When your friends/family find out that you volunteer at the 100 Club, what do they say or ask?

When I tell my friends and family that I am a member and volunteer of the 100 Club, they usually ask “The 100 Club…what do they do?”. Of course, I always explain and hope that they want to become involved.

7. Tell me about someone who has influenced your decision to work with the 100 Club?

I believe my decision was influenced and finalized by attending the Jason Schechterle Scholarship Ball last Fall and also getting to know all of the amazing people who are a part of the 100 Club.

8. What would you tell someone who is thinking about volunteering or donating to the 100 Club?

Just do it! Your support will have a huge impact.

9. What do you do when you aren’t volunteering for the 100 Club?

Exercise and seek every opportunity that I can to dance the night away to Frank Sinatra tunes.

10. What might someone be surprised to know about you?

I have a passion to find solutions to help others.